You’ve got to be extremely careful of these sites and Facebook pages because they are looking to get access to you. They want to get your personal information, hack your emails or credit card accounts, or get access to your pages so they can advertise and spam.
These sites are usually on Facebook and they want you to “SHARE” a picture or advertisement so you can be entered into the free Disney World trip giveaway. Don’t do it.
One site from a few weeks ago was called “Diseeny” and this latest one comes from “Delta Airlines.” and was reportedly founded in 1924. Notice the period? That is actually in the title of the Facebook page.
Here are some things to look for on Facebook to figure out if the contest is legit or not:
- Check the actual name of the page and the URL – Usually there are misspellings or added punctuation since they are not “official.”
- Look at the date founded for the page.
- Look to see if the page has actually posted anything else at all. If they haven’t, it’s a fake.
- Check to see the contest rules. If they don’t have any, it’s a fake.
- Ask yourself, is The Walt Disney Company actually sponsoring this giveaway? If not, then there is a 99.99% chance that it is a scam. You will know if Disney is behind it because there will be all kinds of rules, regulations, and disclaimers.
Don’t let yourself get scammed or caught up in this.
Join the “I’m So Disney…” group on Facebook to discuss this and many other Disney things with anyone and everyone.