Some of the pics that are posted on the Doctor Disney Facebook Page are often met with the comments of, “I’ve got to remember to plan my vacation at this time next year.”
There are slow or down times at the Walt Disney World Resort even though you may not always believe it. It’s hard to believe because your vacations may usually be limited to the times that you are free from work or your kids aren’t in school. When you’re at the parks, it may be the same time that most everyone else is too.
Below is the word of Disney on when the slow and peak times are.
- New Years Day and weekend
- Marathon Weekend (early or mid-January)
- Martin Luther King Holiday Weekend
- Presidents’ Week in February
- Mid-March through Late April aka Spring Break
- Memorial Day weekend
- Mid-June through Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Thanksgiving Day and weekend
- Christmas week through New Year’s Day
- After Presidents’ week in February through early March
- Late April through early June (except Memorial Day weekend)
- The first half of Thanksgiving week
- Mardi Gras week
- January (except New Year’s Day) until just prior to Presidents’ week in February
- The week following Labor Day until just prior to Thanksgiving week
- The week following Thanksgiving until the week prior to Christmas
- Mid-January through mid-February
NOTE: These are not 100% accurate, but are listed based on historic attendance levels.